Monday, November 30, 2015

2nd grade Polar Bear Collage

I found this lesson on the ARTventurous blog and just new it would be perfect for 2nd grade. I approached this lesson by following this step-by-step polar bear head drawing found on Art Lessons for Kids website. I used pencil on black paper for the drawing. Once done, I cut out the drawing and used black crayon to outline and fill in the black details. After that I used white chalk pastels to fill in the white fur over the black construction paper and around the crayon details. If I accidentalyl got white chalk on the black crayon is was easy to cover back over with the crayon. Once finished with the white details, I blended the chalk to smooth out harsh lines. Then I tore a piece of white construction paper for the snow background and glued it to a blue piece of blue 9" X 12" construction paper. Lastly, I used the chalk to fill the background with snowflakes!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! What a wonderful & constructive way to spend your time during your day off ♡

    ReplyDelete